1 the distance by which one thing clears another; the space between them
3 permission to proceed; "the plane was given clearance to land"
- The act of clearing or something (such as a space) cleared
- The distance between two moving objects, especially between parts of a machine
- The height or width of a tunnel, bridge or other passage, or the distance between a vehicle and the walls or roof of such passage; a gap, headroom
- permission for a
vehicle to proceed, or for a person to
- The plane got clearance from air traffic control, and we were
- He got clearance to travel to America, even though he had previous links to terrorists
- The plane got clearance from air traffic control, and we were off.
- permission to have access to sensitive or secret documents or other information
- a sale of merchandise at a reduced price
- the processing of cheques at a clearing house
- the removal of substances from the blood; renal clearance
- In the context of "sports|billiards|snooker|pool": The act of potting all the remaining balls on a table at one visit.
The act of clearing or something (such as a space) cleared
- Finnish: raivaus
The distance between two moving objects
- Finnish: liikkumavara
The height or width of a tunnel, bridge or other passage, or the distance between a vehicle and the walls or roof of such passage
permission for a vehicle to proceed, or for a person to travel
- Finnish: lähtölupa
permission to have access to sensitive or secret documents or other information
- Finnish: pääsy
a sale of merchandise at a reduced price
- Finnish: alennusmyynti
the processing of cheques at a clearing house
(medicine) the removal of substances from the blood; renal clearance
- Finnish: puhdistuma
A clearance can refer to:
- in engineering and safety, a physical distance or space tolerance, as in a truck (lorry), train or boat under a bridge as well as a train in a tunnel (see structure gauge and loading gauge).
- The distance between two electrical conductors in a gas medium.
- a closeout or final sale
- an authorization or permission from an authority, for example:
- in medicine, clearance is the rate at which a substance is removed or cleared from the body by the kidneys and/or in renal dialysis.
- in finance, the verification of information between the two brokers in a securities transaction
- in Australian rules football, the clearing of the ball out of a stoppage situation, to the advantage of one team or the other
clearance in German: Freigabe
clearance in Dutch: Klaring (luchtvaart)
Lebensraum, absolution, acquitment, acquittal, acquittance, aesthetic distance, air space, allowance, amortization, amortizement, ample scope, approval, authority, authorization, back country, bill of health, binder, blank check, caesura, carte blanche, cash, cash payment, certification, cleaning out, clear space, clearing, compass, compurgation, consent, countenance, debt service, deep space, defecation, defrayal, defrayment, depletion, deportation, deposit, depths of space, desert, destigmatization, destigmatizing, detachment, disbursal, discard, discharge, discharging cargo, discontinuity, disculpation, disjunction, dismissal, disposal, disposition, distance, distance between, distant prospect, divergence, doling out, double space, down payment, drainage, draining, earnest, earnest money, egress, ejection, elbowroom, elimination, em space, empowerment, empty view, emptying, en space, enabling, endorsement, enfranchisement, entitlement, eradication, evacuation, excretion, exculpation, excuse, exhausting, exhaustion, exile, exoneration, expatriation, explanation, expulsion, extent, farness, fiat, field, forgiveness, free course, free hand, free play, free scope, freeboard, full pratique, full scope, full swing, gap, glade, headroom, hiatus, hire purchase, hire purchase plan, hole, infinity, installment, installment plan, interest payment, interim, intermediate space, interruption, interspace, interstice, interval, jump, justification, lacuna, latitude, leap, leave, leeway, length, light-years, liquidation, living space, long rope, maneuvering space, margin, mileage, monthly payments, never-never, no holds barred, off-loading, open country, open space, ostracism, outback, outlawing, outlawry, pardon, parsecs, pass, passport, paying, paying off, paying out, paying up, payment, payment in kind, payoff, permission, perspective, piece, plain, play, prairie, pratique, prepayment, protection, purgation, purge, purging, quarterly payments, quietus, quittance, range, ratification, rationalization, reach, regular payments, rehabilitation, reinstatement, release, remission, remittance, remoteness, removal, restoration, retirement, riddance, room, room to spare, rope, safe-conduct, safeguard, sanction, satisfaction, scope, sea room, separation, settlement, severance, single space, sinking-fund payment, space, space between, span, spare room, spot cash, steppe, stretch, stride, suspension, swing, terrain, territory, time interval, tolerance, unloading, venting, verdict of acquittal, vindication, visa, voidance, voiding, warrant, warranty, way, ways, weekly payments, wide berth, wide-open spaces, wilderness, withdrawal